Mission and Principles
Tiresias started its activity in 1972 as a service of the Hellenic Bank Association. Since 1997 it operates as a societe anonyme under the legal name Bank Information Systems S.A., with all major banks operating in Greece as the sole shareholders, for the purpose of collecting, processing, managing and providing financial behavior data to credit institutions.
Objective: To protect commercial credit and consolidate financial transactions by enabling access to credit behavior data that contribute to the reduction of solvency risks between counterparties.
This objective is pursued by the free transmission of data for the benefit of:
- credit institutions,
- financial institutions,
- public services and also
- businesses through economic data provided by TSEK Platform aiming to support credibility and security in commercial transactions and consequently, the exercise of the rights of economic freedom of businesses.
Our company, the only credit bureau in Greece, is a member of the European organization ACCIS (Association of Consumer Credit Information Suppliers).
ACCIS represents the largest group of credit reference agencies in the world. ACCIS brings together, 41 member across 28 European countries and 11 associate and affiliate member from all other continents.
The purpose of ACCIS is enabling individuals and businesses to take informed decisions and conduct secure, trustworthy and efficient financial operations.
What is a credit reference agency? Watch this video
Our mission, as a Credit Bureau, is to provide reliable and accurate credit behaviour information to financial organisations, enterprises and individuals, enabling them to make informed decisions and to conduct safe and efficient financial transactions.
«Consistency and Responsibility»
In compliance with its philosophy, Tiresias attaches utmost importance in assuring accuracy and reliability in its data. Thus, it can meticulously contribute to the protection of bank credit, support reliable financial transactions, and safeguard the citizens' rights.
In order to accomplish its mission, Tiresias, being fully aware of the importance of its service of public interest and the necessity of the strict implementation of its Data Processing Regulation (DPR), strictly abides by the following operational principles:
- Absolute transparency of the database's operational principles and their strict application,
- Full assurance of the database's objectivity, whose access is controlled by security mechanisms,
- Respect and protection of civil rights and provision of all possible assistance to the interested parties for exercising their rights, as defined by law regarding personal data,
- Provision of data that is characterized by objectivity and precision.
8:30 - 17:00